Picking Up High School Psychology Research Paper Topics: 20 Ideas
You should start working on your research paper in psychology from understanding the assignment or else you may waste plenty of time guessing what is needed to be done. If there’s any confusion, consult your academic advisor or approach the instructor in your high school’s writing center. When you clearly understand your task, you’ll be able to focus on picking up a topic and identifying your target audience.
Selecting a Good Research Paper Topic in Psychology
If you aren’t given a list of topics to choose from, you need to use one of the following effective strategies. First, think of your topic idea as a question that you would like to address. Second, search for a controversial idea, pick the side, and prepare an argumentative research paper. Third, search for interesting psychology prompts on the Web. The latter strategy is the easiest way to find a lot of ideas to consider.
While selecting your research topic, think of subjects that lie within your area of interest instead of trying to impress your professor. Check if you can compose a strong hypothesis on a chosen subject before you get to work. It’s also important to ensure that there are enough published materials available in your school library and online. Don’t hesitate to change the topic if you face unforeseen obstacles.
Using a List of Sample Ideas for Your High School Assignment
- The relationship between gender and depression.
- The effects of bipolar disorder on physical condition, mental health, and social behavior.
- The risks and benefits of clinical usage of hypnosis.
- Child obesity and family relationship: important intercorrelation.
- Links between television and America’s obsession with fast food.
- The ways stress affects mental health.
- Situations leading to increasing of morality in society.
- Effects of a serious car accident on mental health.
- The causes and consequences of teenage sexting.
- Homophobia as a psychological condition that requires treatment.
- How behavioral habits form and can be changed.
- How color affects different mental states.
- The psychological profile of a doctor.
- The same-sex adoptive parents: ethical aspects.
- The main causes and effects of shyness in adults and teenagers.
- The psychology behind short-lasting marriages.
- The reasons for the rise of divorces in developed countries.
- The role of natural environment in personality development.
- How work environment affects motivation and productivity of office personnel.
- The theories of motivation and their implications.